The Triune God Speaks
And His People Respond
The worship service is above all a meeting between God and His people. Man's chief end is to give glory to God and to enjoy Him. In worship, we ascribe to the Lord the glory due to His name. In worship we come before Him with thankfulness and praise for who He is and what He has done.
And in worship God blesses us and even ministers unto us. He has promised to uniquely meet with His people in worship and though we cannot see Him, He has pledged Himself to walk among us and to dwell in our midst. We behold His glory by faith and enjoy Him.
God Calls Us
To worship him in the assembly of the saints
- Invocation: The saints ask the Triune God to attend worship with his blessing.
- Salutation: God greets us with the grace and mercy of the gospel.
- Call To Worship: God calls us to worship him in the assembly.
- Doxology, Prayer and Hymn: The saints worship God with adoration, thanksgiving and praise.
God Unites Us
In apostolic doctrine and prayer
- Scripture Reading: God speaks to the saints with his infallible Word.
- Psalm Selection: We respond with singing songs from God's Word.
- Apostles Creed: We proclaim our faith in God's redeeming Word.
- Congregational Prayer: We petition God for help in our time of need.
- The Lord's Prayer: We unite in voice to pray as Christ has taught us.
- Offering: The saints give to the needs of others.
God Hears Our
Confession and assures us of his forgiveness
- Reading of God's Law: God presents his perfect standard of righteousness to the saints.
- Confession of Sin: We confess our failure to obey his perfect standard.
Assurance of Pardon: God assures us of his forgiveness through Jesus who died for sin.
- Gloria Patri: The saints praise the Triune God for his blessings of forgiveness and eternal life.
God Gives Us
Grace through the ministry of Word and sacrament
- Sermon: God gives grace to the saints through the preaching of the Word.
- Prayer and Hymn of Response: We pray and sing to be transformed by God's Word.
- Communion: The Spirit feeds Christ to us as food for the nourishment of our souls.
- Post-Communion Hymn: The saints offer thanks and praise for the grace they have received.
The saints with his blessing
Benediction: God dismisses the saints with his blessing, and we go out to serve with our lives.