God calls us to worship him in the assembly of the saints
- Invocation: The saints ask the Triune God to attend worship with his blessing.
- Salutation: God greets us with the grace and mercy of the gospel.
- Call To Worship: God calls us to worship him in the assembly.
- Doxology, Prayer and Hymn: The saints worship God with adoration, thanksgiving and praise.
God hears our confession and assures us of his forgiveness
- Reading of God’s Law: God presents his perfect standard of righteousness to the saints.
- Confession of Sin: We confess our failure to obey his perfect standard.
- Assurance of Pardon: God assures us of his forgiveness through Jesus who died for sin.
- Gloria Patri: The saints praise the Triune God for his blessings of forgiveness and eternal life.
God unites us in apostolic doctrine and prayer
- Scripture Reading: God speaks to the saints with his infallible Word.
- Psalm Selection: We respond with singing songs from God’s Word.
- Apostles Creed: We proclaim our faith in God’s redeeming Word.
- Congregational Prayer: We petition God for help in our time of need.
- The Lord’s Prayer: We unite in voice to pray as Christ has taught us.
- Offering: The saints give to the needs of others.
God gives us grace through the ministry of word & sacrament
- Sermon: God gives grace to the saints through the preaching of the Word.
- Prayer and Hymn of Response: We pray and sing to be transformed by God’s Word.
- Communion: The Spirit feeds Christ to us as food for the nourishment of our souls.
- Post-Communion Hymn: The saints offer thanks and praise for the grace they have received.
God dismisses the saints with his blessing
- Benediction: God dismisses the saints with his blessing, and we go out to serve with our lives.